Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Courage to Be You: Embrace it!


Understand, Embrace and Know


Source: tiverylucky*

When you begin to understand, embrace and really know who you are, you will begin to take your life seriously and you will begin “to be you” in no-nonsense ways. Now, this does not mean that you will not have any fun. Actually, you may even begin to have more fun. 

What this does means is that you will embrace those things that matter for you and in your life?

Many of you know that I do some freelance writing online. Well, I had a potential client contact me and ask for an estimate. When I answered his request, he insulted me by telling me that he could get the work done for much less by “more reputable scholars.” I responded by saying, “Much success to you with this project.” Done. Now, a few years ago, a response like this may have upset me and I may have felt the need to give this person a piece of my mind. But I didn’t and I actually found it to be quite funny because clearly this project needed a lot of research and technical writing. My price was fair and I am known for “over-delivering.” Although this person may have thought that my price was steep, that’s fair too and his/her perogative but I am not swayed, either way. I know what my time is worth. I know the kind of work that I produce and I know that I am worth it. This post is not to brag or boast, it’s just to illustrate that when you begin to know who you are and what you are worth, you won’t settle for less.

*Photo Source: tiverlucky via freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment