Saturday, June 8, 2013

Successful People vs Unsuccessful People (Idea 2)


Successful People vs. Unsuccessful People


Idea 2: Having a Sense of Gratitude 
vs. 
Having a Sense of Entitlement




Gratitude has long been touted as a good thing for mental health and well-being. Why? When people can show and be appreciative, they often have a better outlook on life, stronger relationships and it has been linked to phenomenal leaders who can assist all others in their purview by allowing and helping them to shine. Unsuccessful people who may suffer from feelings of entitlement may not have established the appropriate personal and social skills that help individuals rely on resilience when life doesn’t exactly go their way. They may not have the maturity to deal with the many setbacks and challenges that one may encounter on the way to success and.to overall better health. 

What I know for sure is that when you can sit and think about all of the things that you are grateful for, it can give you a sincere appreciation for the life and the people that you have. It gives you a reminder of how good your life really is. 


Feeling grateful and having a sense of gratitude always gives us a reminder to celebrate all of the GOOD in our lives that we often take for granted.


If you feel like you are entitled, you may not sense why you may have to wait, why you may need to go the extra mile or why you may need to do something different to produce the results that you want.


I am grateful today for peeks of sunshine.
I am grateful today for my health.
I am grateful for my friend who reminds me that I am doing a great job.
I am thankful that I have options.
I am thankful for a sense of calm at this moment in my life.
I am thankful for love.

Further thoughts on gratitude versus entitlement can be found here:
http://www.bubblews.com/news/631417-successful-people-vs-unsuccessful-people-idea-2

Based on Mary Ellen Tribbey's Success Indicator

Photo Courtesy: 
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment